Tuesday 3 February 2015

BIODERMA SENSIBIO H2O


Sensibio H2o is a micellar water created by French skincare brand Bioderma. It is fragrance free and hypoallergenic making it suitable for sensitive skin. Sensibio H2o is used to remove make-up (including waterproof) and can also be used as an all over face cleanser. 

I was first introduced to this product by my make-up teacher. She uses Sensibio H2o as her make-up remover in her professional kit and I recall her mentioning she used it because it was suitable for all skin types. I went to purchase it but was put off by how expensive it was (RRP $39.99 for a 500ml bottle in Priceline, Australia). I did manage to pick some up recently during Priceline’s 40% off skincare sale, and boy am I glad I did.

What I love about this product is that it’s not oily and does not smear my eye make-up around in the process of removing it. I find a lot of other eye make-up removers leave my eyes feeling cloudy, unclean and smear my eye make-up (particularly gel eye liner) everywhere! What I do with this product is soak a cotton pad and hold it over my eye area for a few seconds to let it dissolve the make-up, then I gently wipe over the area. I also like to use it all over my face as my pre-cleanser, it then allows the face cleanser that I use to work on my skin without the interference of left over make-up or oil (when using as a cleanser simply soak a cotton pad and wipe over the face, there is no need to rinse.)

I can’t get over how fresh and clean this product makes my skin feel. I have quite sensitive skin so I appreciate how gentle Sensibio H2o is. This is definitely a product I will also be adding to my professional make-up kit to use on clients. I feel confident I can use it on other people without fear of irritating their skin. The fact that it is also a non-rinse product makes it ideal to use on clients when you do not have access to a sink.

Overall I think this product is amazing and worth the investment. Best keep an eye out for those Priceline sales though!

Scientific Fact: Sensibio H2o contains micelle cells which are spherical liquid crystals which trap small amounts of oil (make-up, dirt, sebum) making them excellent at removing make-up.

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment