Sunday 19 April 2015

Violet Box: March 2015

I had mixed feelings about this month's box. It would be great to see the boxes more personalised to each customer. There were a couple of products I really liked but two of my products were designed for mature skin. I would of preferred products more suited to my skin. I know that as I am in my mid twenties it is time to start thinking about prevention in regards to aging skin but as I am reviewing these products for you all, it is hard to review products that I am not going to see immediate results with.
I was really happy to see some make-up in the box- my favourite! I still think these boxes are great value for money and look forward to seeing what comes next month.




 1. Aspect Extreme C20
As this is an 'age defying' serum this is not something I would normally use on myself. I have heard quite mixed reviews about this serum, some people saying it is very harsh on the skin. I would definitely consult a skincare professional before using just based on what I have heard.


2. Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel
I absolutely love this cleanser. Bioderma is quick becoming one of my favourite skincare brands. This is another wonderful product from them. This cleanser is a gel formula that foams up once water is added. It leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean. I look forward to purchasing the full size of this product and using more Bioderma products in future.


3. Doucce Mineral Matte Lipstick (shade: 903)
This feels like a really high quality lipstick. It is a nice consistency and has strong pigment payoff. I found it to have good staying power, however this isn't a shade I would generally choose for myself. I think Doucce have done a great job with this product and the sleek, modern packaging compliments it well.


4. Doucce Lip Definer (shade: 456)
 This is quite a nice colour and compliments the above lipstick well. It does need to be warmed up quite a bit before application in order to not pull on the lips. This may partly be due to it being a matte lip product. I was excited to receive a lip liner in the box this month as I am always looking for lip liners to add to my collection.


5. Lonvitalite C8 Collagen Crystal Eye Mask
This is the first time I have ever used any kind of skincare product like this, and I loved it! As I don't have matured skin I didn't notice any difference as far as improvement in fine lines etc, but I did find it to be a lovely product to use. It was very cooling on the skin and it left my skin feeling hydrated and soft. I would be very interested to see this used on more mature skin.



I also received a 20% off voucher for Suki Skincare, if you read my review for last month's Violet Box you will know how impressed I was with my Suki sample.
I hope you enjoyed this month's review.

Thanks for reading xx




No comments:

Post a Comment